Health & Safety
Floorbrite absolutely recognises and accepts the legal and moral responsibilities it has as an employer, to provide and maintain a safe and healthy working environment for all its employees and persons affected by its activities. We also understand that our client’s level of requirement in this area has increased greatly and so we constantly change and adapt to ensure that we have the up to date knowledge and expertise our clients demand.
• In 2013 Floorbrite achieved OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety accreditiation.
• We employ our own dedicated Health and Safety Manager who is NEBOSH & GRAD IOSH accredited and conducts regular site audits to ensure we are working to the best health and safety practices.
• From induction all employees are provided with instruction, information and training to ensure their health and safety knowledge.
• All departments receive regular and ongoing training in their specific areas of cleaning expertise in order that they are aware of the risks that they may be subjected to and how to overcome or avoid them.
• Our management team are trained to Floorbrite’s internal health and safety programme.
• We provide continuous and ongoing investment and development in key personnel to keep our employees protected.
• All sites retain a Floorbrite site specific manual available to the client or Floorbrite employees containing: the site specification, risk and method statements, COSHH assessment index, employment handbook, additional PPE requisition forms, company policies and certificates.
• We regularly review our systems and procedures to ensure that they are fully up to date.
• Floorbrite invest more time and money in health and safety training than any other training.
Added value Health and Safety services
Our dedicated Health and Safety Risk Manager has 16 years experience in health and safety and risk management. Qualified to NEBOSH and GRAD IOSH level, he has expert knowledge and industry experience previously working in many sectors including; retail, manufacturing, distribution and offices. In addition to the health and safety function he provides supporting our core service delivery, we offer a value added service to existing customers of our cleaning client base. We can provide health and safety support across a wide range of areas to assist in client compliance, reduction of costs and litigation limitation. These include:
• Internal training for client’s staff
• Fire risk assessment
• Accident management
• Identifying areas of non compliance, potential hazards and appropriate control measures
• Attendance to or creation of a risk management committee
• Formulation of reports to assist with the reduction of insurance premium renewals
• Mentoring, support and guidance
• Assistance in promoting a positive health and safety culture
• Supporting and promoting working in partnership