Achieve your corporate & environmental responsibility with sustainable waste management
Floorbrite deliver Waste Management through our preferred partners in the industry. We offer a range of services covering trade waste removal, recycling, food waste removal, secure shredding, hazardous waste and diversion from landfill.
Our own Environmental Consultant who is ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Accredited and WAMITAB trained (Specifically relevant to the waste management industry) can offer a bespoke waste management package unique to your requirements with a focus on achieving your ultimate environmental aim.
We can put together a programme of dealing with internal and external recycling and can offer baling and compaction equipment on site to reduce your waste footprint before it even travels. Accurate environmental reports can also be produced for your business showing tonnages per month produced by your site and a breakdown of each waste stream. By measuring the waste on a monthly basis we can ensure a reduction of your landfill disposal.
Please see below for more details of our service.
Oversee removal of all waste types
All recyclable waste diverted from landfill
Baling/compaction and recycling containers
Rebates for eligible waste
We work together to reduce your environmental impact
We ensure your compliancy
Full environmental report
Reduce your carbon footprint
A recognised brand, trusted by businesses in the UK
A total facilities service including cleaning, washroom, hygiene and consumable supplies, waste management, pest control and plants & grounds maintenance
What types of waste do we remove?
Floorbrite provide collection and disposal services for all types of waste:
• General waste
• Mixed recyclable waste
• Food waste
• Glass collection
• Paper and card
• Baled waste
• Metal waste
• Wood waste
• Confidential waste
• Hazardous waste (Weee & I.T. Waste)
What equipment can we provide to help remove your waste?
Floorbrite can provide a range of different equipment to help with waste removal, including:
Internal recycling containers
Bulk bags and bin liners
Euro carts (1100’s)
Front End Loaders (FELs)
Roll on off skips (enclosed, open top, sealed or lockable)
Compactor/compactor container/Portable compactors
Balers (Vertical or horizontal)
Working towards 100% diversion from landfill!
Our commercial ethos is to divert as much material away from landfill as possible and to maximise the value of the materials collected without placing undue pressure on your operational staff and without the need to sort waste into a multitude of containers.
Internal waste and recycling containers:
• Office recycle bins
• Food caddies
• Paper trays
• Paper Consoles
• Dry mixed recycling bins
• Becca bins
• Glass bins
External waste and recycling containers, balers and compactors:
• Euro carts (1100 ltrs)
• Front end loaders (FELs)
• Balers and compactors
Innovation in waste recycling
Floorbrite are working with various recovery/recycling companies to ensure that where possible, waste can avoid landfill by using greener, safer alternatives, such as anaerobic digestion, waste to energy and composting.
As a standard, Floorbrite will provide you with an Environmental report. This will include the percentages of waste that have been recycled /recovered and a breakdown of tonnages of all waste removed from site on your behalf.
Rebateable wastes are materials that can be sold to industry to make other products, which then determines the value of the waste. Certain materials are eligible for these rebates such as cardboard, plastics, wood, metal and large quantities of food. A value will be paid back to you based on the total tonnages collected. These rebates are all subject to market conditions.
Secure shredding will professionally destroy confidential material securely, to ensure you meet your responsibilities under the Data Protection Act and avoid a fine of up to £500,000, as well as avoiding identity theft and as part of good business practice. All shredding is done to BSIA standards and then recycled.
We can offer a regular on-site or off-site confidential shredding service with lockable office consoles. All items placed into the confidential consoles and taken from customers premises are shredded and recycled. Depending on the quality of paper received into our off-site high security shredding plant, it will be either recycled into tissue products, or if the quality is good, recycled into A4 photocopy paper. As part of our commitment to the UK environment, all baled paper is sent to UK mills for recycling. An exception to this is if the paper is being recycled back into A4 photocopy paper which must be done in Europe or China.
• On-site shredding
• Off-site shredding
• One-off shredding
• Secure destruction
• Secure storage
• Scanning and online document management
We can help take the worry out of compliant disposal of your hazardous waste, including but not limited to:
• Waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)
• Laboratory and bulk chemicals
• Rags, wipes, contaminated packaging
• Fluorescent tubes
• Industrial solvents
All the relevant compliant documentation will be provided incl:
• Free full site waste audit
• “Cradle to Grave” documentation ensuring compliance
• Safe and legal fully audited disposal outlets
• Peace of mind
Did you know???? Recycling the facts
• In the UK in 2014 we sent 177 million tons of waste to landfill.
• 100 million tons could have been recycled.
• In less than 2 hours, landfill waste would fill the Albert Hall.
• In less than 8 months landfill waste would fill the biggest lake in the UK, Lake Windermere.
• We dispose of our own body weight in waste every 8 weeks.
• It takes 300-1000 years for plastic to decompose.
Recycling is an excellent way of saving energy and conserving the environment – Did you know that:
• 1 recycled tin can would save enough energy to power a television for 3 hours.
• 1 recycled glass bottle would save enough energy to power a computer for 25 minutes.
• 1 recycled plastic bottle would save enough energy to power a 60-watt light bulb for 3 hours.
• 70% less energy is required to recycle paper compared with making it from raw materials.
• Up to 60% of the rubbish that ends up in the dustbin could be recycled.
• The unreleased energy contained in the average dustbin each year could power a television for 5,000 hours.
• On average, 16% of the money you spend on a product pays for the packaging, which ultimately ends up as rubbish.
• As much as 50% of waste in the average dustbin could be composted.
• Up to 80% of a vehicle can be recycled.
• 9 out of 10 people would recycle more if it were made easier. This is where Floorbrite can help!
What our clients say
Make an enquiry
If you would like more information about any of our services, please call us on one of the numbers below, or fill in our enquiry form.